Thursday, March 10, 2011

CD1

And so it begins, again. With the start of today's period came one more little punch in the gut from Mother Nature, another reminder that I am still not pregnant. As we approach April, we'll be entering month nine of trying. In the amount of time we've been trying, we could have a baby by now.

I know there are women out there who have been trying for four years or more. My heart breaks for them. I don't know how they go through this for so long. I'm not even at the year mark and I'm starting to find the ups and downs of all this mildly unbearable.

Because I'm attempting to be more optimistic (when the spirit moves me) I thought it was relevant to share the stats of my most recent three cycles:

2 cycles ago --
O'ed on CD70
Luteal phase: 7 days
Total length: 77 days

Last cycle --
O'ed on CD53
Luteal phase: 12 days
Total length: 65 days

The cycle I just ended today --
O'ed on CD 39 (!!!!)
Luteal phase: 11 days
Total length: 50 days

I am happy that the two most recent cycles I've ovulated earlier than I did the previous round. Also, I am happy that after one cycle with a short luteal phase (that would be too short to sustain a pregnancy) I have at least got my luteal phase up to a normal length.

I am going to exercise every single day. This is my new promise to myself (starting tomorrow). I think my increased exercise regiment is what I can thank for my earlier ovulation dates. I'm also going to reevaluate my vitamins and probably start taking more as well as looking into my diet more, even considering a gluten-free diet. At this point, I feel like I'm getting desperate, and I'm willing to try anything within reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment