Monday, April 4, 2011

Cheating

This week I thought a miracle was happening. On CD21 and 22, I got OPKs that were so close to positive that I nearly borrowed a plane so I could write a celebratory message in the sky.

But the OPKs never turned positive. I was silently willing them positive with all my being, but I got nothing but a really clearly negative the following days, and my temps did not change to indicate any sort of ovulation that the OPKs may have missed, so I am pretty certain nothing happened and nothing is currently going on.

Even though a CD21 or 22 ovulation would be highly unlikely for me to the point that it's the stuff of out-of-this-world fiction, I was still disappointed. I want so desperately to be normal that I'll believe in miracles.

So, this weekend I went wild. Friday night I had a glass of red wine and about five crackers. Saturday I had half a cookie and a salad with croutons. (Of course I ate more than this; just trying to highlight my decadent sinning.) They were divine. Although I've never been a huge bread/general glutten product eater, these little breaks from my strict diet were an awesome indulgence.

Now, though, I'm back to the straight and narrow, and I'm trying to keep the optimism alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment