Thursday, February 3, 2011

The silver lining

After having myself a fantastic pity party last night following my official PCOS diagnosis, I woke up this morning a little more optimistic. (This appears to be a trend -- pessimism at night, optimism in the morning.)

Here's the good news:
  • I now officially know what my condition is.
  • My doctor took me seriously. A lot of women under the age of 35 can't even get their doctors to hear them or see them until they've been officially trying to conceive for a year. My doctor diagnosed my problem after 6 months of TTC.
  • My doctor is ready and willing to put me on Clomid provided I am ready for that.

I guess in some small sense I am fortunate when I consider the fact that so many other women spend two to three times as much time as me stuck in a TTC rut before they can reach any sort of diagnosis. Knowledge really is power, and I hope to use the coming days and weeks to figure out what's best for me now that I'm armed with new knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment